Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas Baby!




It's here, the day that makes kids turn flips off of stairs without fear, and wake up their parents before the sun rises, force their family members to install, put together, watch and play with whatever they've received. That's right, Christmas is today. I used to love that part of the holiday, the wonder and anticipation that was held as children. Now it's the true meaning of Christmas that make my heart all aflutter. Don't worry I won't throw Jesus all in your face. Just know that I am celebrating Him and not the glitter and shine that comes with today. I love that fact that I can enjoy my family and not worry about what I or someone else did or didn't get. I'm more concerned with what I can do for you, how I can help another. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to be rich to be a philanthropist. I'll give a list of charities and organizations that you can donate to all year long. Start today. You'll be glad you did this. Giving with a clear and light heart will be returned to you when least expect it. Grab that check book or debit card and hit play on that Soul Christmas cd and let Boyz II Men and Donny Hathaway set the mood for giving.
 I wish you and your families a  Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukkah, Feliz Navidad, and Happy Kwanzaa. Whatever you celebrate remember the best gifts can't be found in a box, bag, or inside wrapping paper.
List of Charitable Organizations:
1)$1- Two books shipped to a classroom in Africa. BooksforAfrica
2)$2- A set of drumsticks for a low-income public school student. Littlekidsrock
3)$3- A field trip to a museum, concert, or theatrical production for a high-risk youth. Createnow
4)$4- Two hours of prepaid phone time for a soldier stationed overseas to call home. Cellphonesforsoldiers
5)$5- A one-burner kerosene stove for a family that would normally rely on an open fire. Foodforthepoor
6)$6- Measles vaccinations for 15 children in a developing country. Doctorswithoutborders
7)$8- A medical teaching doll to aid a child in learning about their cancer treatment. Stjude.
8)$10-Homesfortroops, Janegoodall, Operationsmile, Globalgiving.
9)$11- Eleven trees to planted in Alabama communities devastated by tornadoes. Arborday
10)$12- Twenty pounds of multipurpose soap to help keep families germ and disease free. Oxfam
11)$14- Two nutritious meals delivered to a housebound senior citizen. Meals
12)$15- A backpack and school supplies for one homeless or low-income child. Education
13)Big Brothers Big Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment