Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, Another Chance

Happy New Year!! It's the end of the end of the holiday season and what better way to culminate it than with celebrating the beginning of a new year, better yet a new decade? The end of 2010 ended the the first decade of the 21st century for everyone. If you believe the Mayans, then you've only got one year to get yourself together. I on the other hand, do not. The end of a year is always like a sigh of relief for me. I don't lead a hard life, but as you get older you get thrown more curves in your path to success and happiness. 2010 was full of twists and turns for me. I had not one but TWO car accidents, one still unresolved. The blessing in that is that not one involved was hurt and that with each one a different lesson was learned. The beginning of 2010 brought changes. My mother had fallen drastically ill in the end of 2009 and with the onset of 2010 we saw her heal and recover and begin to do things that the doctors said she wouldn't be able to do again. Each day she has gotten better. I think it would be safe to say that 2010 was a year of learning for me. I look forward to 2011 to being a maturation of my life. I plan on changing the way that I live. A new year is another chance to correct your mistakes and become the person you are destined to be. Make 2011 a year that you remember as one of your best. Make this one for the record books, take chances that you wouldn't have previously, go places you've never been, speak to people that you wouldn't have dared to before. 2011 is yours for the taking, reach out and grab it. Manifest your destiny. Be free to be you and I promise that I'll do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment