Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Goodbye 2014...Hello 2015!



Happy New Year!


I won't hold you hostage with a super long post, but I did want to drop by and write something. Writing has been on my mind lately and just yesterday a friend asked why I didn't post anymore. Last post was in July. JULY. Now, I don't need to defend my absence but I will say that is a long time to be gone. Too long. Life was being lived. Feelings were being felt. Money was being made and spent, lol. I will do better, I have to. A lot happened in 2014. In a wide scope, America was being extra ugly towards my folk. Tragedy is never easy, but within the struggle there is beauty and the result of this unrest will be magnificent. People from all over came to Ferguson and the surrounding areas to show solidarity and let the powers that be know that this mistreatment is for the birds. On a more personal note, I got my own place, cut my hair...multiple times, bought a car, went back to school (<<<<<<I'm real excited about this one), I wrote my first guest piece on another site, went to some GREAT concerts, (OUTKAST, anyone??) D'Angelo returned to music and I willingly gave him my coins, I made some good new friends, dissolved some silly relationships, got promoted, switched branches, became uncomfortable. Most importantly, I loved, laughed, cried, lived and reveled in my being different. 2014 definitely had its share of ups and downs. I'm something like an optimist though so I tend not to dwell on the low points for long. I am definitely appreciative of all that happened and all that will happen. As far as resolutions go, I'm not big on them. I do like to have goals set though. My goals change throughout the year. As my mind shifts, so do the goals. I do have a little list for right now though.

 2015 Goals (so far)

  • Take more pictures
  • Dress up more
  • Be more optimistic
  • Do more art
  • Improve
  • Go more places ( here and abroad)
  • Take no shit
  • Organize
  • Save money/make more
  • Focus/Be attentive
  • Learn more
  • Be more awesome
  • Be more aware
  • Listen more (to God, to music, to myself, to others)
  • Love myself and others more 
That's all I have to say right now. What are your plans for this year?
 Stay blessed or be pressed...




*soundtrack to this post was The Internet. Get familiar

No comments:

Post a Comment