Sunday, December 5, 2010

Really?

"You ain't got no limo!" This was the sentenced yelled out in the middle of traffic last night on my way to a nightclub. It came from a gaggle of women in ONE limo, yes only one and while I'm not sure of actually how many were in there I am willing to wager that there were at least 5. This statement alone wouldn't have bothered me (besides the construction of the sentence, of course)if it hadn't been said after "That's the Black Label, I can't afford them." Really?! This is what you choose to say? You can't afford one of the hottest night spots in the city, but you and your cronies are proclaiming your hood richness for all of downtown to see in your white limo? It sounds like you've got your night life priorities out of order. You can rent a limo for the evening but can't go the club? Ladies always get in free at least until 11 and then drinks don't cost that much. This may seem like a trivial subject to discuss but I feel this is only the root of the problem. If you can't afford a full evening out, then what other parts of your life have you mismanaged? I am far from Rockefeller or Rocafella for that matter, but I do try and handle my finances so I can enjoy the little time off I do have. If I don't have the money then I stay home. See, this post isn't really about the ladies from last night, well not entirely anyway. It's dedicated to all the situations and people that I witness or hear about that make me ask "Really?" I get that everyone has their own way of doing things and that I am not meant to understand their way of life, but when your apparent misunderstanding of how some things in life work start to impair your judgement, maybe you should take a step back and honestly reevaluate the situation. You might make a better decision. This goes for crazy haircuts, obnoxious tattoos and basically all under thought decisions that lead to unsatisfactory results.
I understand that most of the time, things don't work out as planned but it's better to have some semblance of plan than just hoping this half mo hawk doesn't affect your chances at the interview. These are just some things to consider. The decision is definitely yours ultimately. Just remember these things for the next time you see something is making you question yourself, safety, or sanity. If the aforementioned women would have done so maybe they would have enjoyed The Label instead of yelling with such fervor as I drove into the parking lot of the club that you couldn't afford in my fully paid off car, "You ain't got no limo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment