Friday, December 10, 2010

A Stop on My Natural Journey

As you can tell from that fetching picture on your bottom right, I am a card carrying napptural girl. I am constantly in search of products and services that are both affordable and genuinely good. In my quest to embrace the crown that was given to me, I unknowingly brought my little sister with me. She has locs. They aren't long yet but they're hers and are in a constant of progression. I have ceased to try and re twist her locs myself, lol. I just couldn't get it to stay neat for more than a day. I was scouring other blog sites and just happened to find a list of natural salons in St. Louis. Tomorrow I will be taking my sis to one called UHURU. Uhuru is Swahili for freedom. The reviews I read were good so I hope our experience is good as the other reviewers were. I also have been invited to a Natural Hair Meetup tomorrow. This is where like follicled sisters meet and swap products, stories, and tips in hopes to encourage, uplift and extend each other, our selves and our hair respectively. On Sunday, there is another meeting this time of a more structured and promotional nature. It will be hosted by AVEDA. They want to demonstrate how well their products work on African-American hair. I am dragging my two best friends with me, no need to hold out on the free products and pampering. It promises to be a natural hair bonanza for me and my folk this weekend I will post the results of this trip sometime this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment